Haere Mai,Welcome,To all family & friends in NZ & around the world and anyone reading my blog ! This is my first ever blog, which I started on Black Friday, 13th May 2005. My thoughts & prayers are with you all. Take care & God Bless. Arohanui ! Kakite !

Blog Archive

Friday, July 08, 2005

BROADBAND, TEXT, LIONS, PRINCE WILLIAM, OLYMPICS, LIVE8 !!! Who Knows ???

Posted early............

I'm back............. with # 910 - #919

CHECK OUT OUR GREAT GIVE-AWAY COMING !!!

H.O.M.E / Haven On Mother Earth

Under - View my complete profile !!!


kjmkama@yahoo.com Email address for all our blogs
o:-) Censor on board: Granny Smith

Before Leaving Our Great Gods Earth Remember Share
Start your own "Blog" now, before it's too late !!! Go to www.blogspot.com
Its as easy as "falling off a log". If Krazy Kelvin can do it, anyone can !!!
Send me your "blog" address, I'll pay you a visit & maybe even list it on this blog.
Share your memories with your family & friends because you never know when
your number will be called and its time to take that.........
"STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN" !!!

Kia Ora Everyone,
To all those family & friends around NZ & around the World reading this krazy krazy blog, T.H.A.N.K.S !!! We have decided that this blog will be "The Father" of our Blog Family" !!! Because at the time of writing this there are members of our "blog family" with blogs on the drawing board, plus we have other blogs "waiting in the wings" for a link, plus sponsers & advertisers waiting as well to come on board this krazy krazy blog, created by Krazy Kelvin !!! All will be revealed in Time !!! Granny Smith said I took too long last week, so I have to cut it short this week. As the oldest female and the "Mother of Our Blogs", I abide by her wishes........"you are here to do a job - no idle chatter and NO inside visitors either", so you will all have to look through the bars, while I use my "two fingers" to..............type "posts" for this week !!!
Krazy Kelvin
The Nut Behind The Wheel of This Krazy Krazy Blog, as we head to # 1 !!!
PS: I think "Muggins" is to blame, because he pinched Granny Smiths nuts !!! You missed it ? Take a look at last weeks !!!

910. A MESSAGE TO ALL BLOGGERS - AROUND NZ & THE WORLD !!!

You have how many blogs ??? One !!! Get your arse into gear and start some more. have a look under - view my complete profile and you will see how many "blogs" I have. A couple are still "under construction, but should be up & running by months end.
How many years have I been blogging............!!! Months ??? Try just under 2 months, as it was - need I remind you - Black Friday, 13th of May, I started my first blog, in my life ever. That was listed on Yahoo within 5 weeks @ # 1 out of about 109000 !!!

I have made a start on two books. the first sets out the basic details of starting your own blog in the K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) style of writing. The second is ??? !!!
I will be conducting 1 hour workshops on weekends, at an inner city internet cafe, on Saturdays.
I have been asked to be a "guest speaker" at a couple of places, but..........!!!

Future Plans.......There are plans afoot of buying a van and painting it in krazy colours for next summer (06), which will be the blog mobile. It will be "parked up" in various places and will show people, how to start their own blogs. I was hoping to be able to take it north, but I don't think the person I am going to go with, will "drive it" !!!

The Father of all our blogs "Kelvin A Memory Always" as you know can be found via www.yahoo.com Check it out for yourself and you will see us @ # 1 of about 125000 or there abouts. Hopefully, it won't be too long before our other blogs all have their own # 1 !!! It is all in good fun and just goes to show what you can do. Get friends to help, even if they "post" one thing each week.
Plus there more blogs on the back burner or on the drawing board, which will be all linked together at some stage plus ??? I may be "pushing" the names a bit, but one thing I have learnt, is that you don't "push" ...........??? Also if you ask for something and you get a NO - you keep asking. or you throw all your toys out of your cot !!!

I'll spare you all the details, on the various blogs as you can visit the blogs at your leisure. Within a week, there will be more details, "posted". Given time, one of these blogs may even break the million barrier !!! Then I will see about getting some serious advertising & sponsers on board, a counter, plus find "stuff " to sell, as well as see if it is worth starting a limited company and claim various expenses, including my "trip" north. Who knows what is ahead in the future. I had someone in mind, who I could of "worked" with as a partner to make this really go into orbit, but because of family, thats gone by the wayside. I offered it to "Muggins" but he declined, because Ann & him may be heading overseas shortly !!! If you leave the country Muggins, you know they won't let you back in. So as far as a partner goes, I still walk "alone" and as for friends, theres a lot more of you out there, than there has ever been before today !!! I will continue to "stamp" my mark all over the place.

K. Muggins collects stamps !!!
B. Do you.......??? I have got a good stamp for you !!!
GS. Is it worth a bit and a got a lot of weight behind it !!!
B. I wouldn't know how much it is worth, but it has got a lot of weight behind it, I can tell you that !!!
M. Oooh..goody !!!
Muggins rubs his hands together.......everyone can see it coming !!!
Barb pretends to get the stamp out of her handbag and then walks over to Muggins, with a closed hand. As she stretches out her hand to him, she gives him a "stamp" alright - right on his foot !!!
M. bbbcccfffsss !!!
This will no doubt be censored by Granny Smith, when she picks herself up,after rolling around on the floor in laughter, at her age !!!
K. Boy Muggins !!! you are so gullable..........thats the oldest trick in the book !!!

You know all this is still a bit strange to me still, as I search www.yahoo.com for ideas, etc from other BLOGS & BLOGGERS. Don't get me wrong, though because if I see something that catches my eye, I will ask the blogger, if I can "borrow" whatever it is that has caught my eye !!! Also if I find a "good" blog, I will ask the blogger, if I can put a link or the name of their blog on this krazy krazy blog. There is a saying - your eyes are your window to the world. I think when it comes to blogs, the same applies unless of course you are blind like Muggins girlfriend. (Will the day dawn, when blind people can sit in front of their computer and "listen" to the "blogs" !!! Stranger things have happened). The thing is "your blog is a window to the world" - I sit with my "mouse" poised on the "Next Blog" so with me, you may have all of 10 seconds if that, before I move on, to the "Next Blog".There is nothing more I enjoy than reading a good blog. Having "lost" a couple of good blogs during my searching, I now make a note of the persons name, their blog name and their email address, before I start reading a little bit of their blog. So, if I happen to lose it, nothing is "lost". I then go back and have another look.......!!! Everyone to their own, I say - if your blog doesn't catch my eye, there is no doubt other peoples eyes, it does catch. The same for my blog - some people may think its # 2 (shit) and it is heading down the gurgler. You say or think whats on your mind and move on..........hopefully though I have enticed you to return & bring your friends. I am still trying to find "GREAT BLOG CLUBS or GREAT BLOG GROUPS either in NEW ZEALAND or around THE WORLD !!! Plus I am now trying to find GREAT BOARD GAME BLOGS !!! I was reading one, which which had words as well as photos and that mention card games. They said some material or something, wasn't quite right and they used cardboard for figures ??? Hopefully it may jog someones memory, as I would love to link that blog to this krazy krazy blog.

911. I Put Out My Thumb - Xmas 05 / Jan. 06 ???

I am still very keen in putting out my thumb and hitching hiking north to the "last place" Cape Reinga to have a look. (If you missed it, have a look @ # 959 & # 929) I was intending to catch a bus as far as Wairewa and then hitching from there. The trip north will go through a number of small towns and settlements as well as pass by a great number of tourist attractions. One of the places I wouldn't mind having a look at, while either going up or coming back is the satellite stations at Warkworth. But I don't know if they are open to the public any more or not. It is where communications are beamed in & out of the country. I remember going there as a kid., but ??? Memory blockage - again !!! Next week, we will have a look at another place - a gardens - which is on the road to a small town, called Dargaville.

912. Little Gems - Two Little Tales (Tails)

Last week, was one little bird - this week, there are two bigger birds !!!
A crow was sitting on a tree, doing nothing all day. A small rabbit saw the crow and asked him " Can I also sit like you and do nothing all day" ? The crow answered "Sure, go for it". So the rabbit sat on the ground, below the crow and went to sleep. All of a sudden a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.
The moral of the story is - To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting, very high up !!!

A turkey was chatting with a bull - I would love to be able to climb right to the top of that big tree, but I just don't have the energy any more. "Well why don't you nibble on some of my droppings, as they are full of nutrients. They will help you to get to the top of the tree". So the turkey nibble all day long and by days end he was full enough of energy to make it to the top of the tree. There he perched proudly at the very top of the tree. Soon he was spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree,
The moral of that story is - Bullshit might get to the top, but it won't keep you there !!!

913. We are planning a surprise party for Granny Smith !!!

Granny Smith will be ?? next year ! I had better not forget to wish her all the best on her big day, or i won't hear the end of it, especially seen she helped bring me in the world. (I didn't wish a "friend" a Happy Birthday on his big day, because some people have been "pains in the butt", saying things, I don't care to repeat here. What I said to them isn't repeatable either, but them are the breaks. All through life, you make friends & you lose friends. Sometimes though, its the good ones, that you lose !!!) Anyway, have we got a "surprise for "Granny Smith" or what ? I have even managed to talk a music duo into performing some "new music", as well as a old duo on their guitar & "spoons" !!! Spoons ??? If you haven't heard music played on spoons, you have missed out on a treat. Anyway a invitation list is been drawn up as we speak. Its going to be a surprise party at Granny smiths place. Barb will take her out for the day, while we prepare. She will no doubt be wanting to work on her "blog" that we have started for her http://goldenoldies.blogspot.com It will be sad to see her go, but no doubt, she will pop in, when I phone her to tell her that we are about to publish our "post". She still wants to be the o:-) censor on board all our blogs.

914. Review - Book: Oliver Twist / Charles Dickens

The book this week, is sort of like Granny Smith - an oldie, but a goodie.As I said last week, this particular copy of the book dates from 1980, but I don't know when the "story" first came out. Maybe Granny Smith would know. I'll ask her after if I get a chance.
Anyway on we go..........this book was one of the great novelists popular works. It is the tale of an orphan, who with bowl & spoon in hand, dared to ask for some more. He was brought up in a workhouse, from which he runs away to London, only to captured by thieves and taught the art of picking pockets. He finally escapes from the thieves. It is a novel of social protest, a morality tale as well as a detective story. Oliver Twist presents some of the most sinister characters....the murderer, Bill sikes; the master thief, Fagan; the leering Artful Dodger along with some sentimental and comical characters. Amidst all the accouterments of a novel, it has the primitive appeal of a fairy tale. It forms one of those basic stories that are not forgotten because they were partly familiar before they were read, before the stuff of young fears and dreams.
Granny Smith said Charles Dickens was born on February 7th, 1812 in England and died age 58 at his Gads Hill home in Kent, on june 9th,1870.

915. Down Memory Lane - That Big Black Limo

It turned heads and open doors, where-ever we went on it. Driving up peoples drives, one set of wheels would be right over on the grass. You could put a 3' mattress in the boot and lay it out flat, if you were ever stuck for a place to sleep. Not that we were ever stuck, because with the number of doors that limo had, it opened doors, where ever we went. Even those doors that were seemily closed. Mates are talking about, bringing it down to Auckland and starting our trip north from here. But it is a mission, just getting it from where it is "parked" out to the main roads, as the roads out are narrow and metal. A car has to driven ahead, to warn other vehicles as well as a car driven behind so other cars don't try and overtake. When I go north, I want to be noticed, but not noticed that much. It would be the ideal vehicle for a music duo as it is a real oldie, but a goodie still !!! The fella, I brought it off years ago had it stretched, I think even before cars were stretched ! It may take a few dollars to get it rolling again, but once you have the "pedal to the metal", she just rolls along...........!!! Ebony on the outside & Ivory on the inside !!! A beautiful car.

916. Living - Recipe: Mussel & Tuatua Fritter Recipe

I always get Muggins to help me, when I cook these - he stands behind me holding my hands as we flip the fritters !!! It is quite simple to prepare and to make. Well for a seeing person it would be, but for a blind person, its different. Muggins favourite ! Place 4 eggs and 1cup self raising flour in a food processor and blend to mix (not too long or it will knock the air out of the eggs) Place in bowl and lightly stir in 250grams cooked or raw mussel meat & 250g cooked or raw tuatua meat (you can use all mussel, if you want), 1c chopped parsley, 1c chopped spring onions, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tsp cracked pepper. Heat some oil & a knob of butter in a pan and when it is hot, add a spoonful of the mixture. Cook until golden on one side and then flip over and cook until golden on the other side. Repeat until you used up all your mixture. Drain on a paper towel and serve with lemon wedges.
Thanks for typing it up for me Muggins, honey bun !!!

917. Some Helpful Hints From Muggins ???

Helpful hints from Muggins..........!!! Krazy Kelvin rolled around on the floor in laughter, when I told him I had some helpful hints. It wasn't a "full moon" either, not like when he rolled around on the ground in laughter # 922A last week. Anyway, they have given me the benefit of the doubt, so here we go..........

Windshield & Chrome Cleaner
To remove dead bugs, sap, bird droppings, tar and traffic grime from windshields and headlights, scrub with baking soda on a damp sponge and wipe with a paper towel, If a little bit more "power" is need, try a paste of three parts of baking soda and a few drops of dishwash liquid to one part of water. Rinse well and dry.

Nautical Brass Cleaner
Fittings on a boat of unlacquered brass (an alloy containing copper) can form the green tarnish of copper carbonate, known as verdigris. This can be cleaned & brightened by applying a mixture of baking soda and enough lemon juice to make a paste. rub on and leave for a few minutes. then rinse well with warm water and dry.

918. Granny Smith - Shows Us What She's Made Of ???

GS.Talk about teaching an old(er) dog new tricks !!! At long last, this is my chance to show you all what I am made of.
K. Granny Smith, what are you doing ?
M.You aren't supposed to take your clothes off !!!
GS. But it says, I show them what I am made of !
Bi. Talk to her Barb !!!
A. I can't see anything - what's happening ???
B. It's just a saying Granny Smith, meaning we will see how you go with "blogging" ? You don't take your clothes off.
Ohooo ! Well when I go to my own blog, I'll please myself and sit around in my birthday suit !!!
B. Maybe we had better get some curtains, for her computer !
Bi. Why would you need curtains for a computer ???
M. Because its got "windows", dah !!! Even I know that.

Well, where was I ........I have lost my place now, no thanks to you all. Blogs !!! I have my own blog now thanks to the help that Krazy Kelvin gave me http://goldenoldies.blogspot.com Once I have finished here, I'll head over there and "post" the same subject.
It's quite simple for the young(er) people....go to www.blogspot.com and follow the 3 easy steps and there you have it, in a nutshell. If you want any more info, you will have to follow me to my blog, as I will go into more detail for my Golden Oldies !!! they are of my generation so they aren't as clued up as you young ones. One thing Krazy Kelvin told me to remind you to do, was once you had your blog set up, was to go to "comments" and make sure that you reset it, to either Registered Users, which is people who already have blogs or set, so no one can leave a comment. Its up to you of course.

919. Around NZ - More on the "Coast to Coast Walkway"

Sunday morning, at the crack of dawn Krazy Kelvin will be on Muggins doorstep, so the 2 of them can take this 16km walk. After all the "fur that flew" last week, its a wonder he has still agreed to go, ah Muggins !!! Strange, he was here a minute ago.........!!! Anyway, this is a couple more of the "places of interest" on the walk. Then next week, I'll tell you how it all went, with Krazy Kelvin & Muggins !!! I would of walk part of the walk they are going on, so from memory........this walk, takes you through just part of the Auckland Domain, generous in spirt, rich in history and natural pleasures, it is Aucklands oldest park of 74 hectares. Time has smoothed the gentle slope of this 50000 year old volcano.the domain is a living link to Aucklands past. The formal gardens were first developed in the 1860's by the Auckland Acclimatisation Society for testing the adaptability of foreign trees, birds and freshwater fish.The duck ponds, were the 1866 source of Auckland's first piped water supply and today provide a enteraining picnic area. The domains volcanic contours provide a natural amphitheatre for summer concerts, attended by anywhere up to 250000 people. Within the grounds of this domain, also stands the War Memorial Museum, built in 1929 to honour those that died in the war. It is a place that begs a return as you look around you as you walk through as I said, just part of this big park.

Muggins has suddenly disappear...may have something to do with the walk on Sunday ??? Him & Krazy Kelvin were going to sit down and have a natter........maybe next week, Muggins will be back. But.........this is my first & last post I think, but we will see.

I'll be back.............

About Me

Check out all My Blogs ***** I am now living out in the country / rural area all the time, away from all the hustle & bustle of city life where I just kick back, relax and take life easy. Check HERE !!! for updates.